There are only a couple games left in the 2010 Rotten Battle Axe Tournament. Brent has officially claimed the Bronze in the novice bracket and Peter took the Bronze in the advanced bracket.
This Thursday we should see a Championship game between Pippin and myself. As soon as Bryan gets back from Africa, we’ll have him and Jeff M play to decide the novice bracket.
Here are the rules for this year’s RBA Tournament:
- Same game rules as ladder games – 19×19, 6.5 komi, nigiri, recorded, no time limit.
- We’ll use a 2 double elimination brackets – one for the top half of the ladder and one for the bottom half. This implies we’ll have a novice and advanced tournament running concurrently, with two winners in the end.
- Games can be arranged to be played outside of club, but must be recorded. If one of the two players misses the regular club meeting when their game is scheduled, they have until the start of the next week to arrange and play the game. If they haven’t played the game by the next meeting, the player that missed the first meeting will forfeit. If both players missed and don’t complete the game within a week, the lower seeded player will forfeit.
- Entrance fee is 1 prize – ie, some home brew, a plate of brownies, Go book, or something similar. Your prize/fee should be something you’d like to win in the $10 – $15 range. If you are planning on ordering Go gear or books for your entry fee, let Pippin know ASAP.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: top player in the advanced bracket picks a prize from the entrance fees, then top player in the novice bracket picks, 2nd place in the advanced bracket, 2nd place in the novice bracket, and so on. So really #2 is incorrect, we’ll have many winners, not just two.
- The brackets are seeded using the club ladder. The official 2010 RBA initial brackets are below.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results:
Round 3 results:
Round 4 results:
Bronze Medal Game